- Condor Cluster: distributed computing on the astronomy network of workstations.
- Mox HYAK Cluster: shared cluster supercomputer that students can access through the High Performance Computing Club. Astronomy department users can access the astro queue.
- Research groups may have additional clusters available; contact your PI for access.
The Physics and Astronomy Computing Services group (PACS) provides local account maintenance for Astronomy department resources, including Linux workstations, servers, web pages, databases, and file systems. Information on printing, telecommuting, hardware purchasing, and remote hosting is provided on the PACS Wiki (requires UW NetID sign-in).
Visit the IT Support page for details on receiving time-critical help and accessing printers.
- The UW Physics and Astronomy Library provides research services, including search term identification, database and data set location, and journal article access.
- The N-Body Shop is a research group focused on developing and running software that enables high-performance computing on a variety of astronomy-related problems.