For the quickest response to IT issues, email the Physics and Astronomy Computing Services (PACS) group (email@example.com) for hardware and software support. When opening a help ticket, provide as much of the following as possible:
- Your Full Name
- Your Location (Office Number / Lab)
- Contact Info (Email and Phone)
- Your Computer Name (if you know it)
- Description of the Problem (including Operating System, if you know it)
PACS supports the computing efforts for the Physics and Astronomy Departments, as well as the Institute for Nuclear Theory (INT), by managing services such as printing, web, computing clusters, and storage. More information on PACS is available here.
For other means of support you can try the following:
- PACS WIKI – For Astro and Physics self help. If you are logged into your browser with a personal Google account, you will be unable to access the PACS wiki. Make sure you are logged on with your NetID or start a 'incognito / inPrivate' session and use your NetID.
- UW IT Connect – For Help with NetID, phones, network management, web space, software, Email and many other online resources.
- Network Operations (NetOps) – (206) 221-6000
- Computer Vet – For help with software problems on personal computers.