The Physics and Astronomy Computing Services group (PACS) supports the computing efforts for the Physics and Astronomy Departments, as well as the Institute for Nuclear Theory (INT). The group manages services such as printing, web, computing clusters, and storage.
For the quickest response to computer support issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org for hardware and software support. When opening a help ticket, remember to provide as much of the following as possible:
- Your Full Name
- Your Location (Office Number / Lab)
- Contact Info (Email and Phone)
- Your Computer Name (if you know it)
- Description of the Problem
For other means of support you can try the following:
- PACS WIKI - For Astro and Physics self help.
If you are logged into your browser with a personal Google account, you will be unable to access the PACS wiki. Make sure you are logged on with your NetID or start a 'incognito / inPrivate' session and use your NetID.
- UW IT Connect - For Help with NetID, phones, network management, web space, software, Email and many other online resources.